Welcome to the Georgia College Soccer Roundup, our latest weekly series summing up college soccer in Georgia over the past week. A new post will be released on Tuesday every week until the end of the season.
- Emory University: Emory won 1-0 on Saturday at the University of Chicago thanks to Sebastian Hardington's free kick in double overtime. The Eagles improve to 6-1-0 on the season and will face Washington University at home this Saturday.
- Georgia State University: Georgia State won their first game of conference play beating Appalachian State 3-0 on Saturday night. Max Hemmings, Connor Acheson, and Rashid Alarape all got on the score sheet for the 5-3 Panthers. Georgia State will make the trip to Tennessee tonight to take on Belmont University.
- Georgia Southern University: Georgia Southern have not played since late last month but are preparing for their upcoming game against Hartwick (New York) in the Sun Belt and improve on their 2-4-1 record.
- Georgia Southwestern State University: Southwestern lost 5-1 to Flagler last week in Florida. Shane Madray scored Southwestern's lone goal. The Hurricanes are currently 1-5-2 and will play North Georgia this Saturday.
- Mercer University: Mercer took Wofford into overtime and won 2-1 thanks to a 92nd minute goal from Jordan Duru. Will Bagrou netted the equalizer in the 84th minute after conceding the lead earlier in the second half. The Bears will play host to Furman tonight at 7:00 in a big conference matchup.
- Piedmont College: Matthew Metzger's first goal of the season carried to their third win of the season against USA South opponents Huntington College. The New Zealand born midfielders shot from outside the box was enough to secure victory in the 79th minute. The Lions next game is Friday against Methodist University.
- University of North Georgia: North Georgia fell 3-0 to Francis Marion University on Saturday. The struggling Nighthawks slide to a 1-7-1 record. North Georgia will look to get on track Wednesday against University of Montevallo and an interstate matchup against Georgia Southwestern on Saturday.
- Truett-McConnell College: Truett-McConnell tied Milligan College last week thanks to a 90th minute equalizer from Houston Kent. The Bears add on to their near flawless record of 6-1-3 and will face Reinhardt University on Wednesday in their last home game of the season.
- University of Georgia: The Bulldogs lost a tough conference match to the University of Tennessee 1-0, last Friday night and fall to 2-8-1 this season. Highlights The Bulldogs look to get back on track this Friday night in Athens against Mississippi State.
- Emory University: Emory lost to Chicago University on Saturday due to an early goal and drop to a 7-4 record. They will play host Washington University on Saturday.
- Georgia State University: Georgia State lost out 3-0 to Little Rock in Arkansas on Sunday but remain 8-2-3 overall. The Panthers will face a tough test against rivals Georgia Southern on this coming Sunday in Statesboro.
- Kennesaw State University: Kennesaw found the back of the net six times in Saturday's 6-1 win over NJIT. Abby Roth scored twice and Ida Hepsoe notched an impressive 3 assists. The Owls progress to 4-7-1 and will face a trip to Stetson University on Friday. Highlights/Interview
- Georgia Southern University: Georgia Southern beat Arkansas State on Sunday 3-1 ahead of their rival game against Georgia State this coming weekend. Jennifer Wittick scored a brace.
- Piedmont College: Piedmont beat Huntingdon College 3-1 on Saturday. Megan Hatfield was involved in every goal, scoring twice and getting one assist. Piedmont improve on their perfect record 11-0. They will look to win their 12 game of the season tonight against Toccoa Falls College.
- University of North Georgia: North Georgia tied Armstrong State University 0-0 on Saturday. The draw was the first of the season and the Nighthawks remain a 7-0-1 record. North Georgia will travel to University of Montevallo on Wednesday.
- Mercer University: Mercer lost to Samford on on Sunday 1-0 and fall to 5-5-2. Mercer will face a trip to East Tennessee State in a conference matchup on Friday.