Welcome back to this week's edition of MLS Fantasy Tips. The first game of the weekend starts at 7:00 EST Friday night so make sure you get your lineups ready before then. Here's to another week of chaos!
- Andrew Wenger: Wenger and the Houston Dynamo are going up against New York Red Bulls this week who have yet to score a single goal this season. At the price of $7.3, Wegner is a bargain having scored two goals, tallied two assists, and has the second highest fantasy point total amongst all positions this season.
- David Villa: NYCFC are at home this week against Orlando, who haven't had the best of starts to the season. Villa scored two goals at home against Toronto last week and was much better at Yankee Stadium all last season. At $11.1, Villa isn't cheap but can be your main man up top if you aren't feeling Giovinco.
- DaMarcus Beasley: Beasley and the rest of the Dynamo defense kept a clean sheet against FC Dallas last week. This week, they face the Red Bulls who haven't scored a goal yet as I previously mentioned.
- Darlington Nagbe: Nagbe has unfortunately played a small role in Portland's first two games. Undoubtedly, he will find form and pick up some fantasy points but at $9.0 there are better midfield options currently available.
- David Ousted: Ousted is my keeper right now, and I would drop him if I didn't have more important positions to change first. Ousted is one of the better keepers in the league but the Whitecaps have seen defensive troubles in their first couple games. They will visit Seattle this week where Clint Dempsey and Jordan Morris will look to pencil their names onto the scoresheet for the first time this season.
- Ryan Hollingshead: Hollingshead looked like a steal at $5.9 before the season started but Oscar Pareja has decided against starting him in the Dallas back line. FC Dallas also host a hot Impact team that could see the return of Didier Drogba, who scored 11 goals in 11 games last season. Even if he does start, FC Dallas are unlikely to keep a clean sheet.
Who you should captain
Picking Sebastian Giovinco as your captain might not be the best move for this weekend (though you can never go wrong with Seba). Toronto face a strong Sporting KC defense who have just let in one goal in two games.
Either Will Bruin or Andrew Wenger look like good picks as both could rack up some more points against New York Red Bulls.