The Atlanta Derby
Local rivals Georgia United and Concorde Fire squared off in Development Academy play with United winning all three matches at Georgia Soccer Park.
The Georgia United U-14s won, 2-0, with Josiah Ortiz and John Torres finding the back of the net. The U-16s match also ended 2-0 on the back of a Cheik Fofana brace.
The U-18s match featured seven goals in Georgia United's 5-2 victory. Munear Ibrahim, Plamen Mangarov, Chris Mikus, Junior Pineda, and Juan Torres scored for Georgia. Roberto Arteaga and Michael Ille struck for Concorde.
The Georgia United U-16s and U-18s are in action next weekend, travelling to Florida to take on Boca United Football and Orlando City SC.
U-15 U.S. National Team wins International Festival of Football
The U.S. U-15 national team and George Bello (Alpharetta Ambush; Douglasville) went 2-0-1 in Argentina to win the International Festival of Football. The U.S. won their first match against Club Atletico Talleres, 5-1, with Bello scoring in the 34th minute. The U-15s followed up with a 2-2 tie against Newell's Old Boys and clinched the title with a 2-0 win in the final match against Uruguay. Bello started and played every minute of all three matches.
National Premier League
U-13: Southern Soccer Academy 1-1 Tennessee Soccer Club
High School Soccer State Rankings
Top Drawer Soccer released their weekly state soccer rankings for Georgia.
1) Dalton: 13-0-1
2) Chattahoochee (Johns Creek): 13-0-0
3) Lakeside (Atlanta): 14-0-0
4) McIntosh (Peachtree City): 12-1-0
5) Greenbrier (Evans): 14-0-0
6) Johnson (Gainesville): 14-0-0
7) Whitewater (Fayetteville): 12-1-0
8) Brookwood (Snellville): 9-3-0
9) Parkview (Lilburn): 12-3-0
10) Northwest Whitfield (Tunnel Hill): 12-1-3
11) Southeast Whitfield (Dalton): 10-1-3
12) Mill Creek (Hoschton): 13-2-0
13) Norcross: (10-3-0)
14) Houston County (Warner Robins): 11-1-1
15) Pace Academy (Atlanta): 9-0-0
16) Pebblebrook (Mableton): 12-0-0
17) Columbus: 10-1-0
18) Decatur: 10-1-0
19) Westminster Schools (Atlanta): 9-2-2
20) East Hall (Gainesville): 14-1-0