It has come. Just 24 minutes into their MLS existence, Atlanta United has scored their first ever goal. Yamil Asad is the answer to the trivia question after getting on the end of a fantastic ball by Tyrone Mears and beating Luis Robles with a shot.
Asad scored two goals in preseason and was one of the surprising players during the four friendlies. He got the start on the left wing and has made the most of it by scoring his first goal in MLS.
What a great start for Atlanta United playing against a great team in the Red Bulls. It’s been a slow start with passing not connecting much, but they have a lead in their very first match and a great goal to tell the grandkids about.
In This Stream
More From Dirty South Soccer
- Predicting Atlanta United’s Starting XI vs. Columbus Crew
- Injury updates: Josef Martinez a possibility to make matchday squad vs. Columbus Crew
- Vote Miguel Almiron for Premier League Goal of the Season
- Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew: Can Atlanta put the pieces together?
- Mouths of the South 246: Back from the Injured List
- Atlanta United 2 goalkeeper Vicente Reyes receives Chile national team training call up