It has come. Just 24 minutes into their MLS existence, Atlanta United has scored their first ever goal. Yamil Asad is the answer to the trivia question after getting on the end of a fantastic ball by Tyrone Mears and beating Luis Robles with a shot.
Asad scored two goals in preseason and was one of the surprising players during the four friendlies. He got the start on the left wing and has made the most of it by scoring his first goal in MLS.
What a great start for Atlanta United playing against a great team in the Red Bulls. It’s been a slow start with passing not connecting much, but they have a lead in their very first match and a great goal to tell the grandkids about.
In This Stream
More From Dirty South Soccer
- Player ratings from Atlanta United’s thrilling 3-2 win over D.C. United
- Atlanta United defeats D.C. United in crucial Eastern Conference matchup
- Atlanta United 3-2 DC United: Rate and React
- Atlanta United vs. D.C. United: Match Thread and How to Watch
- Gonzalo Pineda invites Atlanta United supporters’ group members to view training
- Atlanta United vs D.C. United: Match Preview