Atlanta United drew 0-0 with David Beckham’s Inter Miami after the first matchup between the two sides, which featured former Atlanta players Leandro Gonzalez-Pirez and Brek Shea.
There weren't many.
Atlanta’s first chance came in the 11th minute of the match, but Cubo Torres couldn’t put away a Brooks Lennon cross that probably (definitely) should have been a goal.
10 minutes later, Brad Guzan made his first save of the night.
Former Atlanta United defender Leandro Gonzales-Pirez nearly scored a close range goal for Inter Miami in the 54th minute, but he loves Atlanta too much to do such a thing.
Atlanta homegrown Tyler Wolff made his MLS debut as a substitute in the 62nd minute.
Finally, in the 90th minute, Juan Agudelo almost redirected a corner into the back post.
Click here to see videos of these highlights.
- Tonight, we watched an Atlanta United team with one Designated Player. It wasn’t a pretty sight.
- Atlanta’s striker situation still needs to be resolved. It was never going to be an easy task to replace everything that Josef brings to the table, but man... Cubo didn’t look the part tonight in my opinion. The Eric López situation needs to be resolved, too. Goals are important.
- George Bello is clearly the starting left back. He has the attacking acumen to add something on the left side of the field many others cannot. Bello is in his first season as someone the team and fanbase expect to start, but it will take a while for him to build up to consistent 90 minute performances. No more Castillo, please.
- Defensive set pieces. Work on those.
- LGP doesn't care whether you were best friends that won an MLS Cup together, he’ll still rock you. And he’ll take a yellow card at some point. Classic.
had a knowill be sold to Saudian Arabian club Al-Nassr
Man of the Match
Tweets of the Match
A heavyweight tactical chess match with nothing to separate the teams— Ryan Catanese (@rcatanese) September 3, 2020
Orlando City on Saturday at 8 p.m.